Friday, November 21, 2014

20 Minute Faces 1 & 2

There are two more life sessions left next week to gather some studies for the exhibition on Dec 3rd. I did plenty of figures in the last two weeks and think it did help me to improve on this somewhat. However, I decided to stop the home figure training from photos for now. I feel a bit tired of it and that's my signal. Like with anything we do or learn, progress is fast at the beginning but tends to slow down after a while. So in terms of overall improvement it is better to frequently find a new (yet related) thing to improve on. A new challenge bringing the fun back.

I think i will give time-limited face studies a try. I am not sure whether that's the best way to move forward, but it sounds like great fun. I have great respect for portraiture painting, therefore I avoid to call these portraits. They may look like it, but i have also no intention to create caricatures/ political cartoons (laughter welcome anyway). Just want to learn painting more accurately (yet loose therefore time-limited) to capture faces with better resemblance.



20 cm x 15 cm, Oil, 20 min time-limited

No Madam... well, i agree that resemblance isn't great but not that he looks so much better in real!